Monday, June 18, 2012

More Thoughts on the Reichenbach Fall

I don't have much on this to say at the moment, because it's been several days since I've been able to watch the episodes, between work and the gym.  However, one thing I noticed upon watching the final of season two for the fifth or so time, is that none of Sherlock's usual deductions were there.  In the other five, we see his perspective when he looks at a person.  Like in Scandal, for instance.  When those two men come in and say Sherlock's to come with them, and that he'll want clothes where he's going.  We see Sherlock's perspective as he looks at the one guy to determine who he is before he says, "I know exactly where I'm going."

Yet that's exactly what was missing from The Reichenbach Fall.  Seriously, watch it.  I don't think there are any instances of that in the episode.

I'm still curious about more than one thing with that episode.  I reread what Stephen Moffat said.  There's something that's everyone's missed.  A clue.  And it has to do with Sherlock doing something out of character.  The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that's out of character is when he goes to Molly for help.  Since when does Sherlock Holmes go to ANYONE for help?

Yet everyone has exhausted 'Molly' theories to death.

I need to watch the episode again . . .

1 comment:

  1. All sorts of ideas come to mind when I think of what he did out of character. "A moment of privacy,please" hits me. And the theorists think that relates to signaling his people down below before he was to jump possibly. I honestly believe it has to do with constantly lying to John. I can't think of a time in the past 5 episodes when Sherlock so willfully deceived John at every turn....I am beating a dead horse, perhaps...
    Jen

    ReplyDelete