Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sherlock Holmes Short Stories

As per Watson in the original Conan Doyle stories, I reference unwritten stories in my own Holmes novels.  One such case is mentioned in the Ripper novel on which I'm currently working.  The Case of the Sangrove Diamond, I called it.  I don't know, the name just came to me, and I liked it.  But then I got to thinking about it and decided that I would come up  with a plot and write it up as a short story.  Then, I was thinking about the Beatles song Eleanor Rigby.  I've come up with a short story loosely based on Eleanor Rigby that I can write up as well.  And I already had one, thought up a year or so ago called The Mystery of the Haunted Wife.  I may wait until five stories strike me, but I'm going to write these three up and hopefully get them published in a volume by MX.  I've already given the title of two, but so it's clear:

Sherlock Holmes and the Garden of Sin.  The Mystery of the Haunted Wife.  The Case of the Sangrove Diamond.

Very short post today, but I'm also reading a book called Sherlock in Love.  It was (not) recommended by Stephen Seitz.  Honestly, he seems to loathe this book.  I'm only about forty pages in, but so far, I'm honestly intrigued.  She writes Watson very well, at least so far, and only two instances have made me say, "Hold on a sec..." but not enough for me to stop reading.  I'll see if that holds.  I'll undoubtedly review it in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment